Sorry for the lack of posts. You know how it is once school starts. It’s action-packed and super exhausting. I actually just woke up from a nap 🙂 Sure, it’s 5:30 on a Friday night. But I’m in my jammies, waiting for a frozen pizza to cook, and counting the minutes until I can reasonably call it “bed time.” (I’ve been informed that 6:00 is not “reasonable.” I disagree, but I guess I can at least wait until the sun goes down.) So while I’m counting the minutes until sundown, I thought I’d count my blessings, as well.
It’s been a few weeks since I’ve done this, so here we go (in no particular order):
I am grateful for:
1. The crock pot. Seriously. It makes these first couple of weeks of school way easier.
2. A much-needed and wonderful conversation with my “other mother.” It was just what I needed at just the right time. I’ve admired this woman for years and consider her family. I love talking to her, and I’m always so glad that I can speak frankly to her and, no matter how long it has been since we last spoke, we can carry on as if no time has passed.
3. My classroom. It’s like a little hideaway… I can turn off the lights, turn on my desk lamp, and hide. Most people don’t even know I’m in the room 🙂
4. Coffee. Seriously.
5. My credit score is going up! Admittedly, it’s a slooow process. But it’s happening, and that’s what counts.
Things I am looking forward to:
1. Sleeping in this tomorrow!
2. Finally talking to my sister. She’s a teacher, too, so it’s been hard to catch up lately. But it’s on like Donkey Kong in a few minutes. We’ve got a phone date 🙂
3. Great conversation with fantastic people and (of course) delicious food at my friend’s book club. I’m travelling to RVA for it in a couple of weeks, and it’s gonna be good!
4. FALL WEATHER!
5. A proper date night with Vitamin D- tomorrow, I hope. I’ve had maybe two full convos with him this week due to our schedules. But we have all tomorrow to chat it up right.
PS- I want to know what you are grateful for and/or looking forward to! Spill it!