This may become a regular piece here in Room 1109. I don’t do this nearly enough, and making it a regular practice can only be a good thing, right? I mean, how often do we actually sit down and list all the good things we have to be thankful for? I’m a Christian, so I know I have God to thank. But no matter what your religious beliefs, I think it’s important to take a step back from the daily grind to take stock of the good in your life. So today I am here to count my blessings. I’ll take a little time each Friday to do this. I’ll write about the good things have happened throughout the week, and maybe even things I am looking forward to. Honestly, this list could never end. But I’m going to cap it at 5. Why 5? Because this isn’t a regular thing for me, so it might be difficult for me to do at first. I may expand it later, but for now let’s just go with 5. Besides, I like the number 5. So here we go…
5 Things I Am Grateful For Right Now: (in no particular order)
1. I got to have lunch with two of my favorite people yesterday! Since moving out of Richmond I don’t talk to them or see them nearly as much as I should or want to. And these two people have been amazing me friends to me for the last…oh gosh, how long has it been… 8 years? 10 years? I don’t know, but it’s been a long time. So shout out to Matty and Tamisha!
2. Vitamin D has found that he enjoys playing Lego Harry Potter on Wii. This sounds silly, but I like it. And it’s something fun that we can do together that doesn’t take a lot of brain cells and is relatively harmless. (Next Friday, I’m hoping I can write that I’m grateful he has stopped deliberately zapping me with his wand. I’m not holding my breath.)
3. I started this blog this week, and on the “biggest” day I had 36 visitors. Thanks, guys! It’s fun to think that 36 people actually care what I have to say. And I know that if you’re here, I know you personally. So thank you for supporting me! HOLLA!
4. Yesterday I got a whole bunch of school supplies- crayons, notebooks, binders, glue sticks, etc.) for super cheap! I bought 3 or 4 bags with for less than $100. And this is Target we’re talking about. That makes me excited.
5. We found a Chinese restaurant that delivers and is DELISH! This is important 🙂 Some Chinese restaurants are rather hit-or-miss. I like to keep a running commentary of the food on the delivery menu so I know what to get (or what not to get) next time we order from that place. There was a place that delivered to my former apartment in Richmond and I remember writing down that something “smelled like feet.” Come to think of it, I’m pretty sure I left that menu there. I hope the new tenants found it before they tried that place, too. Because seriously. It smelled like feet. But not this one. They’ve got 2 new customers for the days after school when I’ve changed into my jammies at 4 pm and cooking is just not an option.
5 Things I Am Looking Forward To: (in no particular order)
1. Seeing my family next week! I get to spend some quality sista-time with my favorite sister, and I get to see my family who I only get to see a few times a year (if that, some years). I’m so excited for this!
2. School begins in a few weeks! We all know I’m excited for school to start, but I’m really excited about getting back to a schedule. I like the structure of a school year and having a set schedule. As much as I love sleeping in and getting to do what I want when I want to do it, I need structure back in my life. I miss it.
3. I get a BIFFLE DATE next week! And this weekend I get to babysit my two-month old boyfriend. He is adorable and amazing, and he has the best mama. But seriously Biffle, I can’t believe you have a two-month old. I heart him!!
4. I’m going to start putting together my interactive notebooks soon 🙂 Nerd alert!
5. Right now, I’m really looking forward to this morning’s coffee. I need it.
So…what about you? What are grateful for right now? What are you looking forward to?